– WARNING: Route impacted by July 26, 2022 road closures (for 18 months). For detour instructions, click here.
– PDF document download
– 21 full-color pages (maps, photos)
– Battle of Gettysburg, Days 2&3 focus
– 12.2 miles, Ridges Extended Loop
– 3 hour self-directed tour
– Detailed bicycle cues, road descriptions
– Identifies biking amenities on route
– Geography and monument highlights
– View or print PDF for personal use
– (Not part of a GPS system)
A download link will be sent to you via email after secure online purchase (credit or debit through PayPal Services).
GNMP Route 5 Map for a 12.2-mile historic bike tour of Gettysburg National Military Park.
#4 Best Selling Gettysburg bike map. “The Ridges Extended Loop”. Formatted for download as a PDF document (not part of a GPS system).
This route adds to Route 4 a ride through Devil’s Den, Rose Woods, and the Trostle Farm area—roughly the famous “Sickles’ salient.” Like Route 4, its focus is the July 2-3, 1863 Gettysburg battlefield, excluding Culp’s Hill. Route 5 is especially suitable for bicyclists who would enjoy a winding, up-and-down ride through both fields and woodlots. Note: If you want to ride between 9.0 and 17.0 miles, your best options are Routes 3, 3b, 4, or 5, because they cut in half Route 1’s need to ride on busy residential streets or sidewalks.
Route 5 (The Ridges Extended Loop) features a 12.2-mile historic ride through East Cemetery Hill, Seminary Ridge, Little Round Top, Devil’s Den, Rose Woods, The Peach Orchard, and Cemetery Ridge. With time for rest and stops to enjoy the monumented landscape, most bicyclists will complete this route in about 3 hours.
This map is an optional digital companion to the much larger 286-page paperback guidebook by Sue Thibodeau, Bicycling Gettysburg National Battlefield: The Cyclist’s Civil War Travel Guide (Victor, NY: Civil War Cycling, 2019). ISBN 978-1-7326038-0-6. Available on Amazon (paid link).
Digital (PDF) | 21 pages | 6″ x 9″ | February 25, 2021
Item No. GNMP-Rt05-1