Price varies by retailer.
– 238 full-color pages (paperback)
– Guidebook for a 12.6-mile looped ride
– Covers the Battle of Chickamauga (1863)
– 18 maps, 77 photos, GPS points
– Detailed bike cues, road descriptions
– Gear and touring tips
– Historical summaries with endnotes
– Focus on geography and monuments
– Glossary, bibliography, notes, index
Perfect Bound | 6″ x 9″ | December 14, 2021
Bicycling Chickamauga Battlefield: The Cyclist’s Civil War Travel Guide is the one-and-only book that you need to bike the Chickamauga battlefield in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. Start your 12.6-mile looped ride at the Visitor Center. This guidebook’s 238 full-color pages are packed with 18 maps, 77 photos, GPS points, and touring tips.
This third book in Civil War Cycling’s military travel guide series belongs on every Civil War history buff’s bookshelf, whether you are a bicyclist or not. It is a short but dense reference work that teaches American history by weaving historical themes with the aid of maps and photos that enable “learning on two wheels.”
For readers who also appreciate supporting details, the book includes a substantial section of endnotes, an index, a glossary, and a bibliography.
Perfect Bound | 238 pages | 6″ x 9″ | 978-1-7326038-2-0 | December 14, 2021