– WARNING: Route impacted by July 5, 2022 road closures (for 18 months). For detour instructions, click here.
– PDF document download
– 28 full-color pages (maps, photos)
– Battle of Gettysburg
– 17.0 miles, Battle Days 2&3 Loop
– 4-5 hour self-directed tour
– Detailed bicycle cues, road descriptions
– Identifies biking amenities on route
– Geography and monument highlights
– View or print PDF for personal use
– (Not part of a GPS system)
A download link will be sent to you via email after secure online purchase (credit or debit through PayPal Services).
GNMP Route 3 Map for a 17.0-mile historic bike tour of Gettysburg National Military Park.
“Battle Days 2&3 Loop”. Formatted for download as a PDF document (not part of a GPS system).
This route covers most of the battlefield south of town (like Route 1) but adds a complete tour of Culp’s Hill (Route 8). For its extensive coverage of Gettysburg battlefield events for July 2-3, 1863, this is a very popular tour. Note: If you want to ride between 9.0 and 17.0 miles, your best options are Routes 3, 3b, 4, or 5, because they cut in half Route 1’s need to ride on busy residential streets or sidewalks.
Route 3 (Battle Days 2&3 Loop) features a 17.0-mile historic ride through East Cemetery Hill, Seminary Ridge, Little Round Top, Devil’s Den, Rose Woods, The Peach Orchard, Cemetery Ridge, and Culp’s Hill. With time for rest and stops to enjoy the monumented landscape, most bicyclists will complete this route in about 4-5 hours.
This map is an optional digital companion to the much larger 286-page paperback guidebook by Sue Thibodeau, Bicycling Gettysburg National Battlefield: The Cyclist’s Civil War Travel Guide (Victor, NY: Civil War Cycling, 2019). ISBN 978-1-7326038-0-6. Available on Amazon (paid link).
Digital (PDF) | 28 pages | 6″ x 9″ | February 25, 2021
Item No. GNMP-Rt03-1