– WARNING: Route impacted by July 26, 2022 road closures (for 18 months)
– PDF document download
– 14 full-color pages (maps, photos)
– Battle of Gettysburg, Day 2 focus
– Rt. 9 Devil’s Den & The Wheatfield Loop, 2.3 miles, 1 hr.
– Rt. 10 Little Round Top Loop, 1.5 miles, 30 mins.
– Rt. 11 Combined Loop, 3.8 miles, 1-2 hrs.
– Detailed bicycle cues, road descriptions
– Identifies biking amenities on route
– View or print PDF for personal use
– (Not part of a GPS system)
A download link will be sent to you via email after secure online purchase (credit or debit through PayPal Services).
GNMP Routes 9-11 Maps for three short historic bike tours around Devil’s Den, The Wheatfield, and Little Round Top at Gettysburg National Military Park. The routes range between 1.5 and 3.8 miles.
Formatted for download as a PDF document (not part of a GPS system).
Pick this set of small loops if you have a special interest in Devil’s Den, The Wheatfield, or Little Round Top, and do not have time for a longer ride through Gettysburg National Military Park. For bicyclists who can ride greater distances, Routes 1, 3, or 5 might be better options. Routes 9-11 are short but challenging circuits that begin at the Devil’s Den parking lot. They are the only Civil War Cycling maps that include the 0.4-mile ride along the Warren Avenue approach to Little Round Top.
Route 9 is a 2.3-mile around Devil’s Den and The Wheatfield (plan for about 1 hour).
Route 10 is a 1.5-mile loop around Little Round Top (plan for about 30 minutes).
Route 11 combines Routes 9 & 10 to complete a 3.8-mile ride that will take about 1-2 hours.
This map set is an optional digital companion to the much larger 286-page paperback guidebook by Sue Thibodeau, Bicycling Gettysburg National Battlefield: The Cyclist’s Civil War Travel Guide (Victor, NY: Civil War Cycling, 2019). ISBN 978-1-7326038-0-6. Available on Amazon (paid link).
Digital (PDF) | 14 pages | 6″ x 9″ | September 1, 2018
Item No. GNMP-Rt9p-1